Re: [Videolib] The Daily Bitch

From: Jessica Rosner <maddux2014@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Oct 29 2009 - 11:38:37 PDT

Brian
I THINK they mean that the PPR allows you to show the film to up to 50
people OUTSIDE the class. I also think it is a very limiting number but
 since the distributor/owner is selling a right BEYOND what is allowed under
FACE TO FACE , they can in fact define it. One company could say our PPR
license allows 50 people , another company could say their license allows
150 people. Basically
PPR is NOT a part of copyright law it can be defined by the seller. Of
course if you can buy a legal copy of a film on Amazon you are free to show
it to a legitimate class regardless of the size of the class.