Re: [Videolib] The Daily Bitch

From: Allen Dohra <aldohra@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu Oct 29 2009 - 11:01:36 PDT

As a producer and distributor who offers his product at one "home video" price, public performance rights included, on Amazon, in our catalog, or anywhere else you can buy it, I just want to thank all you folks for buying, wherever you find it! You beat the hell out of those who think they should just get it for nothing. Keep in mind, if you only supported companies with this kind of pricing strategy, how long do you think it would take for everyone else to price accordingly?
Allen DohraAmbrose Video PublishingAmbrosevideo.

> Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 12:21:55 -0500
> From: cgodin@alamo.edu
> To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
> Subject: Re: [Videolib] The Daily Bitch
>
> We don't pay more for books. And yes, some journal subscriptions have an
> institutional price which frankly is discouraging to libraries with
> limited budgets. Most of those come through the aggregators now which
> provides online service, indexing, and remote access. Most of my $250
> and up videos have a limited audience.
> If I had to pay an institutional price for all media, I would have far
> far fewer titles on the shelves. I don't think that is good for anyone.
>
> Christine Crowley Godin
> Dean of Learning Resources
> Adjunct Faculty, Theatre
> Northwest Vista College
> 3535 N. Ellison Dr.
> San Antonio, TX 78251
> 210.486.4572 voice
> 210.486.4504 fax
> cgodin@alamo.edu (new email as of Aug. 1, 2009)

--_08911270-2fa2-4c6e-85de-0288c45e9ee2_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt;
font-family:Verdana
}
--></style>
</head>
--_08911270-2fa2-4c6e-85de-0288c45e9ee2_--

--=======

--=======