Re: [Videolib] The Daily Bitch

From: Elizabeth Sheldon <elizabeth@lorberhtdigital.com>
Date: Thu Oct 29 2009 - 10:49:21 PDT

I'll chime in here from the 'seedy distributor' point of view:

When I send out announcements regarding films available with PPR, I am
well aware that some (not all)
of our titles are available at consumer prices and that many public
librarians (and Gary and Christine) will purchase the consumer
version, hence my language
regarding the PPR license. If you don't need PPR, my request is this:
please, if possible, buy the consumer version direct from us at:www.alivemindmedia.com
. When you
do so, our filmmakers generally receive close to 50% of the SRP. When
you purchase through Amazon or other online retail sites, however,
they get 50% from the wholesale price, minus the sub distribution fee
which accounts for another big chunk, almost 20%.
We would like to work with you to build your collections based on your
needs while also representing and protecting our filmmakers best
interests.

Our definition of PPR:

When you purchase any of our Alive Mind Education titles, whether you
are a public library, college, university, corporation or non profit
group, public performance rights are included. Public performance
rights allow educational and non profit groups to exhibit our films to
groups of 50 or fewer individuals where admission is not charged. The
term of the public performance license is for the life of the DVD.
However, if you intend to screen it to an admission paying audience of
over 50 and to publicly advertise it, then we ask that you contact us
regarding a public screening fee.

Best,

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Sheldon