Re: [Videolib] looking for a copy of Al-Massir (Destiny)

From: Chris McNevins <Chris.McNevins@uconn.edu>
Date: Thu Oct 29 2009 - 07:01:52 PDT

Hi Deborah,

This can be found on Amazon in non-USA format.
http://www.amazon.com/Destiny-Destin-Massir-NON-USA-FORMAT/dp/B000V2MI70

And Facets here:

http://www.facetsdvd.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=61

LE DESTIN/ DESTINY
<http://www.facetsdvd.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DV85620>
Our Price: $79.95
<http://www.facetsdvd.com/ShoppingCart.asp?ProductCode=DV85620>

A bold, radiant and intelligent film from Egypt's master director,
Youssef Chahine. After the disciple of a great 12th century
philosopher is burned at the stake for heresy, his young son decides
that he will study under his father's mentor. Soon he is caught
up in a battle between the philosopher's students and religious
fundamentalists who object to their enlightenment. "...a rollicking
intellectual adventure...a colorful, dynamic celebration of the joy of
knowledge" (Sean Axmaker, Seattle Weekly). In Arabic with Youssef
Chahine---Egypt/France---1997---135 mins.
<http://www.facetsdvd.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DV85620>

Hope this helps!

Chris McNevins | ACQUISITIONS COORDINATOR
UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT | HOMER BABBIDGE LIBRARY
369 Fairfield Way Unit 2005AM | Storrs, CT 06269-2005 USA
PH: 860-486-3842 | FX: 860-486-6493 | EMAIL: chris.mcnevins@uconn.edu
<mailto:chris.mcnevins@uconn.edu>

If truth is beauty, how come no one has their hair done in the library?
Lily Tomlin