[Videolib] Audio book replacements

From: Tamara Kobziar <tkobziar@tcpl.org>
Date: Tue Oct 20 2009 - 08:30:14 PDT

We too have taken advantage of Midwest's terrific prices. However, we still retain several standing order contracts with other sellers just because of their replacement policies. It takes time to sort through all the 'in repair' audio books, but it pays off. Books on Tape has been fantastic in replacing discs, covers, and whole books for free, no matter when we bought them. And recently they dropped their prices dramatically. Blackstone and Brilliance do the same. Recorded books however, is a different story. They charge the most and do free replacements only for one year.
Maybe it's time to reexamine some standing orders...

Tamara Kobziar
Adult Services /Audio Visual Librarian
Tompkins County Public Library
101 East Green St.