Re: [Videolib] More Midwest Tapes Fun--Slightly OT

From: Mercure, Jeanette <JMercure@NewingtonCT.Gov>
Date: Tue Oct 20 2009 - 06:36:33 PDT

First off, I must say I am a huge fan of audiobooks and think Recorded
Books makes a quality product, their reps are fantastic and I do have a
standing order plan with them but, my AV budget at this small/med public
library is dismal and I must stretch it anyway I can, that means I will
buy retail priced audiobooks from other vendors. Recorded Books will
only replace discs for 1 year from purchase for free, after that it is
about $8.00 per disc.

The bad thing is I have no say on which audiobooks I would like -
Recorded sends what they produce each quarter and that's that. (I don't
know why they cannot let us have a choice and produce to customer demand
as the other big companies do.) I use Recorded because of the
exclusives but hate paying the ridiculous prices.

Jeanette Francini

Head of Collection Management

Lucy Robbins Welles Library

95 Cedar Street

Newington, CT 06111

860-665-8714

We must be the change we wish to see in the world. Gandhi