Re: [Videolib] More Midwest Tapes Fun--Slightly OT

From: GODIN, CHRISTINE <cgodin@alamo.edu>
Date: Mon Oct 19 2009 - 13:36:07 PDT

As an academic library, we have not gone too far into the waters of
audiobooks. We have purchased some classics and business/inspirational
non-fiction. I have left the popular stuff up to the public library. If
the replacement policy is generous it might be worth paying the
"library" price-after all, many more people might be using the set of
CDs and the opportunity for damage is that much greater.

The whole pricing issue is convoluted. We buy books at discounted
prices, pay institutional prices for periodicals, and academic libraries
pay higher prices for documentaries than K-12 or public. Go figure.

Christine Crowley Godin

Dean of Learning Resources

Adjunct Faculty, Theatre

Northwest Vista College