Re: [Videolib] More Midwest Tapes Fun--Slightly OT

From: Danielle Phillips <danilphillips@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Oct 19 2009 - 13:29:14 PDT

As an FYI about the retail vs. rental DVD discussion, I talked to my B&T
rep. and according to him, Fox will not allow libraries to buy retail
editions. Paramount, however, will.

Recorded Books prices are ridiculous! We have a pretty good relationship
with them and their reps. are fantastic, but the prices are out of control
expensive. Their line is that the replacement policy is so good, the
library eds. are worth it. Not so to me, but some librarians do fall for
this.

--
Danielle Phillips