Re: [Videolib] Paramount and 20th Century Fox releasing rental and retail versions of DVDs

From: Jaeschke, Myles <mjaesch@tulsalibrary.org>
Date: Wed Oct 14 2009 - 10:04:02 PDT

"Judging by the number of shops selling used DVDs, I think the rental versions may not completely disappear from the lower reaches of the marketplace."

Too true! Secondary markets will be flooded with these inferior editions, and many consumers will be willing to purchase the movie only edition for a dollar or two. That's why I closed my initial post to be wary of those "gift" DVDs that will trickle in. I'm not saying don't add 'em to your collection but think about the effects of adding such a product before doing so.

Best,
Myles