Re: [Videolib] Paramount and 20th Century Fox releasing rental and retail versions of DVDs

From: Mike Tribby <mike.tribby@quality-books.com>
Date: Wed Oct 14 2009 - 09:49:11 PDT

"It is my personal opinion that the rental editions will go out of print and quickly. The only entities that will want to buy it are companies in the rental business to meet that initial surge of demand. I can't think of too many consumers that would want the rental copy so yeah rental copies shelf life for purchase will be short."

Judging by the number of shops selling used DVDs, I think the rental versions may not completely disappear from the lower reaches of the marketplace.

Mike Tribby
Senior Cataloger
Quality Books Inc.

mailto:mike.tribby@quality-books.com