Re: [Videolib] Paramount and 20th Century Fox releasing rental and retail versions of DVDs

From: Olsen, Kathy <Kaolsen@browardlibrary.org>
Date: Wed Oct 14 2009 - 06:30:36 PDT

We'll continue purchasing the retail versions, because our customers want the bonus features. On the other hand, they definitely won't be happy if they have to wait past the initial street date.

I realize this is a marketing strategy, and the studios are looking to increase their revenue, but none of this makes sense to me. If they're determined to release two different editions and charge more for one of them, why can't they release them both on the same date and charge more for the one with the bonus features?

Kathy

Kathy Olsen
Collection Development Librarian
Broward County Library