Re: [Videolib] Paramount and 20th Century Fox releasing rental and retail versions of DVDs

From: Tatar, Becky <bltata@aurora.lib.il.us>
Date: Wed Oct 14 2009 - 06:11:48 PDT

We are going retail on this. Our feeling is that many people will want
the bonus features. Also, as far as Paramount goes - $10 is $10. That
starts to add up. This is how videos were originally marketed - rental
versions came out with prices as high as $60 to $100 toward the end. 6
months later, price drop to $24. After we explained to patrons about
the price differential, they were generally understanding.

Becky Tatar
Periodicals/Audiovisuals
Aurora Public Library
1 E. Benton Street