Re: [Videolib] Dragnet public domain?

From: Linda Tadic <lindatadic@optonline.net>
Date: Wed Oct 14 2009 - 05:24:36 PDT

Dragnet was broadcast by NBC, which tended to submit copyright deposits to LC more than the other networks. The LC blue Copyright Books for "Motion Pictures" might list the series; you could check there. Some Dragnet episodes are sold by NBC Universal, so I wouldn't be completely confident that this episode of Dragnet is in the PD. The Internet Archive doesn't verify copyright claims by the people who post items to their site, similar to YouTube's practice (supposedly!).

Linda Tadic
Audiovisual Archive Network
ltadic@archivenetwork.org
www.archivenetwork.org