Re: [Videolib] Dragnet public domain?

From: Foster, Jennifer <FosterJ@uhv.edu>
Date: Tue Oct 13 2009 - 15:40:24 PDT

The Internet Archive (Archive.org) has been around for years and years - actually Wikipedia says 1996. It was the brainchild of Brewster Kahle, well-known internet guru. It was created to try and keep a history of the internet, and captures images of web sites at various times to try and accomplish that. I used to use it all the time when I was in the tech industry, as all those companies in the dot-bomb era went under and their sites went away. You can read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archive.org - the story is well-documented...jen

Jennifer Foster
Media Librarian
The Victoria College/University of Houston-Victoria Library
361.570.4195
http://vcuhvlibrary.uhv.edu