[Videolib] Free CIP Membership with Licensing Digital Course Materials Workshop Registration

From: Steven Petersen <SPetersen@umuc.edu>
Date: Tue Oct 13 2009 - 10:03:06 PDT

Colleagues,

Please share this non-profit professional development opportunity with
your colleagues. Thank you for your time. -Steve Petersen, CIP@UMUC...

Get a free CIP membership when you sign up for our upcoming workshop.
Registration ends on November 2nd:

Licensing Digital Course Materials
http://tinyurl.com/yd3td7u

Dates: November 9-20, 2009
Instructor: Peggy Hoon, J.D., Special Assistant to the Provost for
Copyright Administration, North Carolina State University

Advance your career with a better understanding of licensing.
Participants will learn the basics of licensing, ways to manage the many
licenses they handle, and desirable and undesirable license terms.

SIGN UP TODAY: http://tinyurl.com/nuw58g [Secured Server]

Special Offer:
By registering for any of our workshops or our certificate program, you
get a free one year membership in the CIP Member Community where you can
connect with other information professionals. Learn more at
http://www.cipcommunity.org/.

Next Copyright Eavesdrop: The E-Matrix

Can't participate in the entire workshop?

Join the Chat on November 19th, 2009 @ 12:00 - 12:45PM Eastern; it is
only $50!

Join Peggy Hoon and her guest Greg Raschke -- Associate Director,
Collections and Scholarly Communication, North Carolina State University
-- will discuss E-Matrix, a serial and electronic resource management
system that acts as a centralized repository for all of NCSU's
libraries' electronic resource license agreements and provides a more
effective alternative to a traditional paper file.

SAVE THE DATES! June 22-24, 2010
CIP Symposium - Hybrid (c): Sustaining Culture in Copyright
Washington, DC
Stay for the ALA Annual Conference, June 24-30

Thanks,
Steve Petersen
Center For Intellectual Property
University of Maryland University College
3501 University Boulevard East
Adelphi, MD 20783
(240)684-2865 office
(240)684-2961 fax