Re: [Videolib] Problems With Media Players In Libraries

From: Shoaf,Judith P <jshoaf@ufl.edu>
Date: Tue Oct 13 2009 - 10:00:49 PDT

I should add that every request for an exemption in the 2003 hearing (sorry, it was 2003, not 2002) was from an individual who wanted to play one other region. So the judge's comment would work (my computer at home is set to play French movies and I will be very cross if anyone uses it to play Region 1 again).

But of course libraries and language labs need to be able to provide playability for all regions, and preferably not by stacking six one-region players on top of each other at every viewing station. There has never been a comment on this problem from an organization.

Judy Shoaf