Re: [Videolib] Problems With DVD Playing

From: Tatar, Becky <bltata@aurora.lib.il.us>
Date: Tue Oct 13 2009 - 07:24:25 PDT

I've had this happen with a few. And our player here isn't used
constantly. We get a lot of titles where the patron said "it doesn't
work." I put it in the player, and if the movie starts and goes for a
couple minutes, it works. Other bizarre problems - one movie - I think
it was From Here to Eternity, had a picture, but no sound. I tried it
on our player here in the department, took it home, same problem,
someone else took it home, same problem. It had only gone out once, so
I called our vendor, who said to send it back. However, the tech
services folks were able to get sound. Very strange.

Becky Tatar
Periodicals/Audiovisuals
Aurora Public Library
1 E. Benton Street