Re: [Videolib] Wow this is an interesting copyright /DMCA story

From: Jessica Rosner <maddux2014@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Oct 08 2009 - 08:52:05 PDT

FYI a friend who is a copyright lawyer informed me that it is the "take
down" provision of the DMCA that would be involved not the violating
encryption. As you know rights holders pretty much just tell internet
providers or sites to"take down" something claiming it is copyrighted and
rather than argue they take it down. I think Lauren looks really foolish
though.