Re: [Videolib] Wow this is an interesting copyright /DMCA story

From: Shoaf,Judith P <jshoaf@ufl.edu>
Date: Thu Oct 08 2009 - 03:13:30 PDT

If you look at the commentaries on this site
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2009/10/boing-boing-raises-middle-finger-ralph-lauren

there is a suggestion that the original posting was itself an altered version of the Lauren ad (which would explain why it has such a peculiar shape). I am not sure how that fits with DMCA either--I would think it would amount to a kind of photoshopped libel.

A photo could break an encyrption, though. If the photo was only available online and in a format which did not allow it to be saved, and you used Printscreen to save it....

Judy Shoaf