Re: [Videolib] Kiarostami's short film "The Bread and Alley"

From: Boling, Brian <brian.boling@Vanderbilt.Edu>
Date: Tue Sep 29 2009 - 08:43:46 PDT

I've looked at www.iranianmovies.com<http://www.iranianmovies.com> in the past and sense that they may not sell high-quality, authorized editions of works. I've based this guess on the fact that they offer a number of Disney films dubbed into Farsi.

"The Bread and Alley" ( "Le Pain et la rue" ) is also available on a region 2, PAL copy of "The Traveller" ("Le Passager") published by Les Films du Paradoxe, but I believe the only subtitles are French:

http://www.filmsduparadoxe.com/lepassagercat.html

Since no character in this short speaks, the subtitle problem may not be a huge concern.

Hope this helps,
Brian.

Brian Boling
Library Assistant