[Videolib] ...and another digital audio project from Berkeley

From: <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Thu Sep 24 2009 - 13:04:57 PDT

...ooops...I got so excited about Foucault (!) that I forgot to announce
the second project we just put up:

The Media Resources Center is proud to announce the unveiling of two
significant new online audio collections:

UCB/Pacifica Radio Archives LGBT History Collection

In continuing partnership with the Pacifica Radio Archives
(http://www.pacificaradioarchives.org/), the Media Resources Center has
digitized over 20 hours of programming related to LGBT history and culture
that originally aired on Pacifica radio from 1958 to 1998. The digitized
materials have been incorporated into a new MRC web site devoted to the
project: http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC/pacificalgbt/pacificalgbt2.html

The work of identifying, preserving, and digitizing materials in the
Pacifica Archives was largely accomplished by Joe Gallucci, an intern in
the NYU Moving Image Archiving and Preservation program. Over a ten week
period, Joe worked with staff in both the Pacifica Archives and MRC to
develop and implement this project.

UC Berkeley

--Francois Truffaut

UC Berkeley