[Videolib] [Re: Re: [Re: Re: Any source? "The Sterile Cuckoo"]]

From: Marilyn Huntley <mhuntley@hamilton.edu>
Date: Wed Sep 23 2009 - 09:03:16 PDT

Dear Dennis,
Oh, we're not afraid of 16mm here. We still have projectors installed in
two auditoriums plus a couple of portables. Scott MacDonald shows _many_
16mm films (93 of them this semester) in his courses, and does his own
projection. However, our student workers hate being assigned to show a
real/reel film, and the jobs are so few and far between that they
"forget" the training we've given them. Also, I don't want to borrow
this treasured film from the Alumni Archives and have to worry about
damaging it.

It's great to hear that some young folks (your son, at least) have a bit
of exposure to film projectors.
Marilyn

P.S. My reference to "Come Saturday Morning" didn't mean another film
title. It's a song from the soundtrack of "Sterile Cuckoo," and was
nominated for an Academy Award. I'm sure you're younger than I am, but I
thought you might have encountered the song sometime in your past.