Re: [Videolib] Average cost for educational DVDs

From: Patti McVay Gorrell <pmcvay@wooster.edu>
Date: Mon Sep 21 2009 - 11:53:30 PDT

Just a quick note: Many of the educational vendors offer a discounted
price for upgrading/replacement of vhs to dvd. Good luck, Patti

At 02:36 PM 9/21/2009, ghandman@library.berkeley.edu wrote:
>Welllll...sorta depends on what how you're defining "educational
>DVD"...no? I'd say the average cost of an independently produced and
>distributed documentary film is somewhere between $150 and $400. The
>average cost of titles distributed as home video is somewhere between $10
>and $25. The cost of titles distributed by professional associations
>(e.g. the American Psych Assn) can vary widely--from $25 to a few hundred
>per title.
>
>Gary Handman
>

> > Does anyone know the average cost of educational DVDs. I am in the process
> > of asking for a grant to replace VHS tapes and need the info to help
> > reinforce my request.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> > Carolyn W. Hatcher
> > Cape Fear Community College
> > LRC-Tech Services
> > 411 North Front St.
> > Wilmington, NC 28401
> > chatcher@cfcc.edu
> > Tel: 910-362-7035
> >

> > E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North
> > Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an
> > authorized state official. (NCGS.Ch.132)
> > issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic
> > control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in
> > libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve
> > as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of
> > communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video
> > producers and distributors.
> >

>Gary Handman
>Director
>Media Resources Center
>Moffitt Library
>UC Berkeley
>
>510-643-8566
>ghandman@library.berkeley.edu
>http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC
>
>"I have always preferred the reflection of life to life itself."
>--Francois Truffaut

Patricia McVay Gorrell
Media Library Manager
The College of Wooster
Media Library
1140 Beall Avenue
Wooster, OH 44691-2364

email: pmcvay@wooster.edu
330-263-2285 (office)
330-263-2253 (fax)

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path
and leave a trail."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson, Essayist