Re: [Videolib] Average cost for educational DVDs

From: <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Mon Sep 21 2009 - 11:36:13 PDT

Welllll...sorta depends on what how you're defining "educational
DVD"...no? I'd say the average cost of an independently produced and
distributed documentary film is somewhere between $150 and $400. The
average cost of titles distributed as home video is somewhere between $10
and $25. The cost of titles distributed by professional associations
(e.g. the American Psych Assn) can vary widely--from $25 to a few hundred
per title.

Gary Handman

> Does anyone know the average cost of educational DVDs. I am in the process
> of asking for a grant to replace VHS tapes and need the info to help
> reinforce my request.
>
> Thanks
>

> Carolyn W. Hatcher
> Cape Fear Community College
> LRC-Tech Services
> 411 North Front St.
> Wilmington, NC 28401
> chatcher@cfcc.edu
> Tel: 910-362-7035
>

> E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North
> Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an
> authorized state official. (NCGS.Ch.132)
> producers and distributors.

UC Berkeley

--Francois Truffaut