Re: [Videolib] VHS to DVD transfer and copyright

From: Dennis Doros <milefilms@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Sep 20 2009 - 14:02:00 PDT

Dear Dave,
I'm afraid not. Michael's wheel of fortune is pretty accurate. Only if it's
damaged or deteriorated and no copy is commercially available at a fair
price. OR if it's in the last 20 years of it's copyright which usually means
the film has to be at least 75 years old. Usually, companies will discount
replacement copies -- some better than others.

Dennis
Milestone Film & Video

--
Best,