Re: [Videolib] VHS to DVD transfer and copyright

From: Jessica Rosner <maddux2014@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Sep 20 2009 - 13:58:47 PDT

If the tapes are still out there for a sale you can't do anything except buy
more copies if you want back ups. The law basically does not allow you to
make a "just in case' back up on the possibility that it might get damaged
or lost. In theory if one of your VHS copies did get damaged or lost and
you could NOT find a replacement on the market , you could borrow a copy
from another institution and make a dub of that for on premise use.