Re: [Videolib] VHS to DVD transfer and copyright

From: <ofiarad@sunyacc.edu>
Date: Sun Sep 20 2009 - 13:45:40 PDT

Quoting Jessica Rosner <maddux2014@gmail.com>:

    Jessica:
      What if we just want to make a copy (no format change) of a title that we
have legally purchased in the past. For example, we have a lot of our nursing
students assigned to watch nursing videos in the library. In our fear of items
becoming lost and damaged can we keep our bought copy as "archival" and make
and place a duplicate copy or multiple copies available for "in library use" or
"out of library use"? No format change. Most of these tapes are still out there
for resale. Do we have to buy to obtain copy 2's--same format?

                                                  Dave Ofiara
                                                  Media Librarian
                                                  Adirondack Community College