Re: [Videolib] VHS to DVD transfer and copyright

From: Jessica Rosner <maddux2014@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Sep 18 2009 - 10:30:50 PDT

Basically it is illegal to do so except under the following exemption, you
have copy that is damaged/ deterioratingand you can't replace it as it is
no longer in print, you can make one digital copy but THAT copy becomes an
"archival" copy only available for research in the library and can not
circulate or leave the library premise. The exemption is intended for
archival purposes and is not a free pass to make DVDs of things in VHS.