Re: [Videolib] VHS to DVD transfer and copyright

From: Brewer, Michael <brewerm@u.library.arizona.edu>
Date: Fri Sep 18 2009 - 09:58:28 PDT

The tool I developed with the ALA Office for Information Technology Policy is pretty straight forward: http://librarycopyright.net/108spinner/
mb

Michael Brewer
Team Leader for Undergraduate Services
University of Arizona Library
brewerm@u.library.arizona.edu<mailto:brewerm@u.library.arizona.edu>

From: videolib-bounces@lists.berkeley.edu [mailto:videolib-bounces@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Seay, Jared Alexander
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2009 9:49 AM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] VHS to DVD transfer and copyright

Hey, I know has been gone over much before, but could someone point me to a good (clear?) site about the legality of libraries transferring VHS to DVD and the circumstances in the US Copyright code that allow it? I know it is in Section 108 of the code, but I need some non-legal English to point folks to. Thanks.

Jared Alexander Seay
Reference Librarian
Director, Media Collections
Addlestone Library