[Videolib] On collecting TV....

From: Deg Farrelly <deg.farrelly@asu.edu>
Date: Fri Sep 18 2009 - 09:54:37 PDT

If we don't collect it, who will?

I recently was reassigned (1/4 time) to support the Film and Media Studies program in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences on the Tempe campus.

Yesterday, for the first time, I saw the programs private library of DVDs (and a few shelves of 16mm prints - including a favorite: Storm Center). Impressive. But who has access to this content? The faculty only. Not even viewing facilities for students in the program.

--
deg farrelly, Associate Librarian
Arizona State University at the West campus