[Videolib] VHS to DVD transfer and copyright

From: Seay, Jared Alexander <SeayJ@cofc.edu>
Date: Fri Sep 18 2009 - 09:49:02 PDT

Hey, I know has been gone over much before, but could someone point me
to a good (clear?) site about the legality of libraries transferring VHS
to DVD and the circumstances in the US Copyright code that allow it? I
know it is in Section 108 of the code, but I need some non-legal English
to point folks to. Thanks.

Jared Alexander Seay

Reference Librarian

Director, Media Collections