Re: [Videolib] Requests for television shows on DVD

From: Bergman, Barbara J <barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu>
Date: Fri Sep 18 2009 - 09:39:20 PDT

If specific TV episodes are needed for a course, we'll buy the season. I normally don't buy the entire series without some justification (reason might be that there's a really good package deal...) But, I've also found that the TV seasons ordered "just because" usually end up circulating for class use as well as a little leisure viewing.

In terms of circulation of sets -- We repackage DVDs into security cases, so TV programs are packaged, and therefore checked out, two discs at a time. This also means that they are put on reserve that way, leaving the rest of the season available for normal checkout to faculty and students.

Barb Bergman | Media Services & Interlibrary Loan Librarian | Minnesota State University, Mankato | barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu | (507) 389-5945 |