Re: [Videolib] Requests for television shows on DVD

From: Regnier, Ami <ARegnier@bentley.edu>
Date: Fri Sep 18 2009 - 04:36:20 PDT

Our library purchases television series for professors, some of whom are in media studies. In the past, the shows have been on Reserve for an entire semester, when in fact they either had little use or heavy use for just a short amount of time. Many of our other patrons (other faculty, staff, and students) were dismayed that they could not check these items out even though the films weren't getting much Reserve use. Starting this semester, professors must determine a two-week Reserves time period for these popular items. Usually this is based on their syllabus. Then, after the two-week period, the film comes off Reserve and available to the rest of the campus community. I'm not sure how this will work out seeing as the semester has just begun, but we're hopeful.

I don't want to assume that your film Reserves won't get heavily used throughout an entire semester. I'm just pointing out what has happened for us.

Ami Regnier
Special Projects Librarian
Bentley University Library
175 Forest Street