Re: [Videolib] Requests for television shows on DVD

From: Sandra Macke <Sandra.Macke@du.edu>
Date: Thu Sep 17 2009 - 17:16:11 PDT

I'm a co-selector for our general video collections and I declared this year to be the year of the television show. We spent a good deal of our video budget on shows from All in the Family to Fawlty Towers to Seinfeld to Extras (and a whole bunch of stuff in between)

If you wouldn't hesitate to buy a book explaining the role of leadership in the Sopranos for your collection, why would you hesitate in buying the source material?

Also I wouldn't think to question what the faculty uses for their coursework. Our role is to support the research and teaching needs of our community. If they want a Shot of Love with Tila Tequila well will get it for them. If you deny them what they need for teaching they may not come back the next time.

This isn't a Pandora Box, it's an opportunity to meet your faculty's need.

Sandy

Sandra Macke
Catalog Librarian
Penrose Library, University of Denver