[Videolib] Requests for television shows on DVD

From: GODIN, CHRISTINE <cgodin@alamo.edu>
Date: Thu Sep 17 2009 - 15:26:55 PDT

Sorry for cross-posting!

Do you get requests from faculty for DVDs of popular television shows
that they want to use to illustrate a theme or topic? I see a real
Pandora's Box here. We recently had requests for a season of The
Simpsons (shudder!) and The Office (five seasons!). We did purchase some
West Wings a few years ago at the request of some government
instructors. And I have added some representative TV shows to illustrate
how TV has changed over the decades (I Love Lucy, Sex and the City are
examples). I really want to meet the needs of the faculty but I am
tempted to send them to Blockbuster. These items would be in reserve and
not available to other patrons to check out. I see a problem.

What say you??

Christine Crowley Godin

Dean of Learning Resources

Adjunct Faculty, Theatre