Re: [Videolib] Ok who wants to deal with FRENCH copyright laws ?

From: Dennis Doros <milefilms@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Sep 15 2009 - 09:17:03 PDT

I might be wrong (I don't think so) but French copyright is based on 70
years after the author's death and in Melies' case, it would be 2008. So
actually, I phrased it narrowly -- all his films should be PD.
The box set could have been produced only for the US, but I think Lobster
was able to afford everything because the package of films could be
distributed everywhere. And I just checked Amazon France at
http://www.amazon.fr/s/ref=nb_ss?__mk_fr_FR=%C5M%C5Z%D5%D1&url=search-alias%3Ddvd&field-keywords=Georges+Melies&x=0&y=0you'll
see that three different Melies projects came out in 2008.

Dennis