Re: [Videolib] Fridericus Rex

From: Steffen, James M <jsteffe@emory.edu>
Date: Tue Sep 15 2009 - 07:13:41 PDT

I doubt you will be able to find the films on video at all, but apparently they do exist. According to the FIAF Treasures from Film Archives database Parts 1 and 2 of FRIDERICUS REX exist in 35mm nitrate prints at the Cinematheque de Toulouse and Gosfilmofond of Russia. Part 3 and 4 are at the Bundesarchiv in Germany. Part 4 is supposedly also on 16mm at the Library of Congress. I'm not sure whether there are even viewing copies available; the researcher would have to write to the respective archives to find that out.

Best,
James Steffen

--
James M. Steffen, PhD