[Videolib] iTunes to DVD

From: Chris McNevins <Chris.McNevins@uconn.edu>
Date: Mon Sep 14 2009 - 08:20:26 PDT

Good morning, Collective Brain....

Here's a first for me.

I have a request to purchase Prayers for Bobby (Lifetime, 2009 :
starring Sigourney Weaver) From what I understand it's currently
available only through iTunes. The requestor wants to have us burn a
DVD so she can show it in her class.

I asked my boss and she says that it's legally verboten to change a
videostream to DVD under the Millenium copyright law (she will
investigate to see if there's a legal way to get it to the classroom)

My question is: 1) IS there a legal work around to this, and 2) does
anyone know if/when this movie will be available on DVD?

Eternally in your debt (as always)

Chris McN
Chris McNevins | ACQUISITIONS COORDINATOR
UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT | HOMER BABBIDGE LIBRARY
369 Fairfield Way Unit 2005AM | Storrs, CT 06269-2005 USA
PH: 860-486-3842 | FX: 860-486-6493 | EMAIL: chris.mcnevins@uconn.com
<mailto:chris.mcnevins@uconn.com>

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too
dark to read. Groucho Marx