[Videolib] films.com records (streaming)

From: Bahr, Philip <pbahr@fairfield.edu>
Date: Fri Sep 11 2009 - 12:33:42 PDT

My University just completed a successful trial of the streaming
component for Films for the Humanities and Sciences (Films Media
Group/Films.com). I wondered if anyone on this list could give me some
feedback from their cataloguers as to how they handled using the
publisher's records that were included with the subscription (they
charge extra for MARC records). We were wondering if they were workable
as an alternative to purchasing the MARC records. And if so, how much
additional time did it take your cataloguers to make them work in the
OPAC?

Thanks so much,

Philip Bahr
Reference & Media Librarian