[Videolib] DVD player software for cataloging

From: Jane Otto <jjotto@rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed Sep 09 2009 - 09:59:03 PDT

Greetings,

Would anyone be able to recommend a good multi-region DVD player
software for cataloging? We thought we'd like to continue viewing the
DVDs via our desktops, rather than purchasing multiple players and
finding places to put them. We need something that handles multiple
regions, and preferably has nice variable fastforward capability. We
were using PowerDVD, but it only allows you to switch regions a few
times. AVS has the same limitation. We seem to have a lot of audio
playback issues with RealPlayer and WindowsMedia. We located a few
possible options, but I thought I'd ask the experts.

I'm sending to a couple of lists; please pardon the duplication.

Thanks very much for your help.

Best,

Jane

--
Jane Otto
E-Monographs and Multimedia Metadata Librarian