[Videolib] Recommender systems..

From: Scott Spicer <spic0016@umn.edu>
Date: Wed Sep 02 2009 - 20:36:17 PDT

I know this is a bit out there, but it is loosely related to a white
paper I am writing so I'll shoot. Has anyone instituted or considered
a Netflix-type recommender system in their catalog for video? I
recognize the data privacy issues, so this would have to be a login
authenticated, opt-in solution. Nor am I suggesting this take the
place of our faculty consultations and well-crafted filmographies (for
the Andrew Keen, anti-crowdsourcing folks). Just a provocation...

-Scott

Scott Spicer
Media Outreach and Learning Spaces Librarian
Coordinated Educational Services
University of Minnesota Libraries
233 Walter Library 612.626.0629