[Videolib] Circulating AV Cart

From: Brigid Duffy <bduffy@sfsu.edu>
Date: Mon Aug 31 2009 - 15:12:43 PDT

I asked one of our tech people, and this was the response:

As you know, we tend to overkill our setups because they have to be
moved around campus. But if you just need to move the cart around
inside one building, then

A cart like this: http://www.enasco.com/product/Z30443G (cart has a
power strip but a larger one may be required.) Cart height is crucial,
take into account cart placement, throw distance, screen size and room
configuration. Do you have to shoot over tables, desks?
Plus any three piece computer sound system (2 main speakers, plus a
subwoofer) do not skimp on the sound.
Any projector 2500 lumens or brighter, One video and one computer
input. (This might be the hardest decision. You should consult their
on-campus av dept to find out what they recommend. We use hitachi but
the casio line is tiny which may work better for a cart setup.)
A netbook for powerpoint, web, etc. Dell Mini 9 is a good choice.
VHS/Region free DVD combo: http://www.regioncodefreedvd.com/dvdvcdcombo.html
Cables from http://www.monoprice.com/home/index.asp (buy two of
everything.)
Zip ties
Security cables
Velcro for securing remotes.
Spare lamps for the projector.
Batteries for remotes.

Draw it out in advance, so you have a clear idea of everything you'll
need.

And someone who knows how the whole thing works and can repair it if
needed. This includes keeping the laptop up to date.

If you have a strong constitution, have them post the question to:
Media in Education <MEDIA-L@LISTSERV.BINGHAMTON.EDU>
Which will open up a floodgate of replies (Itís an AV listserv)

Brigid Duffy
Academic Technology
San Francisco State University
San Francisco, CA 94132-4200