Re: [Videolib] Mass video reserve policies?

From: GODIN, CHRISTINE <cgodin@alamo.edu>
Date: Mon Aug 31 2009 - 11:45:39 PDT

Our film studies instructor puts the films on reserve that she plans to
show in class. Then they are there for students who missed them or want
to review them. We do not take and put whole genres on reserve and I
would be loathe to consider it unless all of those films would be truly
used by a multitude of students. I think "protecting" a sizable part of
a popular collection is not a good policy as it might raise expectations
in others and pretty soon you have built a corral around everything.

Christine Crowley Godin
Dean of Learning Resources
Adjunct Faculty, Theatre
Northwest Vista College