Re: [Videolib] Mass video reserve policies?

From: Gail Fedak <gfedak@mtsu.edu>
Date: Mon Aug 31 2009 - 11:37:31 PDT

We have a few instructors who like to make blanket, semester-long reserves.
faculty reasonable access to materials so reserved, we limit all reserves to
2 weeks. Items may be reserved for more than one 2-week period, but they may
not be consecutive. The instructor must decide how to arrange titles for the
2-week periods during which we will not check them out to other instructors
without the reserving instructor's permission. The interim two weeks or
remainder of the semester, programs will be available to anyone as usual.
During the reserved 2-week period(s), we will be sure the selected items do
not leave the library except by permission and for only a class period at a
time. Students may view in-house only; they do not leave the library with
video materials of any genre. The instructor is responsible for notifying
his/her students when the guaranteed two-week period(s) is/are. IMHO, if the
students cannot schedule their viewing time accordingly, they don't need to
be here. Likewise for the faculty scheduling assignments.
My grouch for the day,
Gail

Gail B. Fedak, Director
Media Resources