Re: [Videolib] Circulating AV Cart

From: John Streepy <John.Streepy@cwu.EDU>
Date: Fri Aug 28 2009 - 15:31:03 PDT

I've put together one of two of these in the past. My suggestions are:
1. Get a cart with big inflatable wheels if it is to be moved between buildings (also a cover of some sort as well for bad weather) not important if the cart does not leave the building, but better safe than sorry. Make sure the cart is sturdy.
2. Make sure the cart has a good long cord, and a solid surge protector.
3. You might want to have the VHS and DVD be a combo unit just to save on units on the cart (less to bounce around).
regards
jhs

John H. Streepy
Media Services Supervisor
Library-Media Circulation
James E. Brooks Library
Central Washington University
400 East University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7548

(509) 963-2861
http://www.lib.cwu.edu/media

"Hand to hand combat just goes with the territory.
All part of being a librarian" -- James Turner "Rex Libris"

Transitus profusum est nocens!

>>> Bethany Sewell <bethany.sewell@du.edu> 8/28/2009 2:37 PM >>>

We are currently looking into creating a circulating AV cart with a laptop, projector, vhs and multi-region dvd player, and speakers for our students.

We are trying to fill a need for small group viewing of video because our regular video viewing room is often booked for other meetings, etc and we have small group study rooms that we were hoping small groups could use.

Does anyone here have experience circulating AV carts and if so, what other equipment would you recommend?

Thanks in advance,

Bethany B. Sewell
Access Services Librarian
Penrose Library
University of Denver
2150 E. Evans Avenue
Denver, CO 80208

Email: bethany.sewell@du.edu
Voice: 303-871-3418
Fax: 303-871-3446

Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to