Re: [Videolib] Special Services for ESL / International Students?

From: Winona Patterson <wpatters@harpercollege.edu>
Date: Wed Aug 26 2009 - 07:25:15 PDT

In Spring, we purchased about 200 high interest/low vocabulary titles in
both audio and print formats - fiction and short stories. We've tagged
them with stickers (and made notes in records) that state "Also
available as audio" or "Also available as book", and added a local
subject heading of ESL Students - Fiction or ESL Students - Short
Stories. They are shelved in their regular places (no special physical
place for them). Apparently they've been very well-received. The ESL
teachers have been letting their students know of this collection.

Winona Patterson
A/V Cataloger
LRC Tech Services, Harper College
1200 W. Algonquin Rd., Palatine, IL 60067
Direct Line 847-925-6770
wpatters@harpercollege.edu <mailto:wpatters@harpercollege.edu>