Re: [Videolib] looking for two films

From: Delin, Peter <delin@zlb.de>
Date: Wed Aug 26 2009 - 04:42:48 PDT

Dear Maureen,

The short "The Bread and the Alley" (Nan va koutcheh) is included in the
French DVD "Le passager" available from Switzerland.
http://www.artfilm.ch/passager.php
or from France:
http://www.amazon.fr/passager-Abbas-Kiarostami/dp/B000WW1NPM/

... but it's in PAL, region 2 - there is no dialogue in this short!

Another source is a Japanese edition:
Masterpieces of Abbas Kiarostami, The:, Vol. 1 -- REGION 2
- Mossafer ( Traveller, The ) (1974)
- Khane-ye doust kodjast? ( Where Is the Friend's Home? ) (1987)
- Mashgh-e Shab ( Homework ) (1989)
- Nema-ye Nazdik ( Close Up ) (1990)
+ Nan va Koutcheh ( Bread and Alley, The ) (1970)
published by Imagica in 2000 (region code 2, NTSC, no dialogue), now out
of print
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=IMBC-137

Another edition from Japan, corresponding to the French one, is OOP, too:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=IMBC-138

Best
Peter
http://www.zlb.de/wissensgebiete/kunst_buehne_medien/videos