Re: [Videolib] Video Cataloging Practices

From: Sandra Macke <Sandra.Macke@du.edu>
Date: Mon Aug 24 2009 - 14:33:31 PDT

LC has no official call number range for fiction films, so libraries have to create local policies on how to do classify things.

My opinion though is that remakes are completely different films from their originals. Remakes should get their own call distinct call no. I think you are doing a disserve to your patrons and collection development people by giving two different films the same call no.

Sandy

Sandra Macke
Catalog Librarian
Penrose Library, University of Denver