Re: [Videolib] Video Cataloging Practices

From: Bergman, Barbara J <barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu>
Date: Mon Aug 24 2009 - 13:52:51 PDT

I was about to agree with Rue, but realized that you're talking about Re-makes not Re-issues - Movies like the Gus Van Sant "Psycho," or "The Truth about Charley" that was an updated "Charade," right?

You're right that they should have different call numbers.
If you catalogue so that films file by title, the versions of Psycho would have similar call numbers, but shouldn't be the same.
We classify using director as the primary, so they wouldn't even be on the same shelf here.

Barb Bergman | Media Services & Interlibrary Loan Librarian | Minnesota State University, Mankato | barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu | (507) 389-5945 |