Re: [Videolib] Video Cataloging Practices

From: Jana Atkins <JAtkins3@uco.edu>
Date: Fri Aug 21 2009 - 12:10:30 PDT

I've been brushing up my cataloging skills recently and this is what I learned. They shouldn't have identical call numbers, but because the subject is (almost) the same and the title is (usually) the same, the call numbers will usually be almost identical. Often, the only difference you'll see is the year at the end, or if no year is used - from what I understand, that's pre AACR2? - then a small letter at the end, like d or something to show this one is different from the other one in the same collection.

Jana